The following logos fall into 3 categories:
- Web - pictured here, good for web work (right
click on image and save). RGB color format.
Note: If need in a larger size, do not stretch image, instead use print quality
- Print - a 200 dpi file good for use in word documents,
brochures, fliers, etc.. CMYK color format
- EPS format - a vector graphic, used by commercial printers (large
files) that can be stretched without resolution issues.
CMYK color format.
The standard UNR block N can be found at
Office of Integrated Marketing
The size of the Block N logo should always be proportional to the piece. The height
of the Block N with text should never be smaller than 3/4 inch.
The height of the Block N with no text should never be smaller than 1/4".
- Do not alter the positioning of the text in relation to the Block N logo.
- The logo is a BLOCK. The N may not appear without its surrounding block.
- Make sure the proportions are correct and the logo is not distorted or jagged. The
Block N logo should always be square.
- Make sure the logo is not cropped wrong.
- Make sure the logo is not beveled or contains a drop shadow. The Block N logo should
always have clean edges.
Myriad Pro is the primary typeface for the University of Nevada, Reno. This font
is available in a variety of weights, including regular, bold and italic.
The Myriad Pro fonts may be used for headlines, large display type, captions and
signage. Use the bold form for emphasis to set apart. When creating advertising
materials, Myriad Pro should be used throughout.
When preparing PowerPoint presentations and Word documents and other electronic
files where font compatibility may be an issue, substitute Verdana for Myriad Pro.
Arial is also an option.
Book Antiqua is the secondary typeface for the University of Nevada, Reno. This
font should be used only for body copy and any other small text. Use this font sparingly
in advertising material. Georgia is another secondary serif option.
The University’s official colors are silver and blue. In on-line materials, the
silver is Pantone Matching System (PMS) 877, and the blue is PMS 282. However, since
silver ink is difficult to read, PMS Cool Gray 10 is actually the preferred ink
for printed materials.
The University and college signature text can be printed in either PMS colors, four-color
process, grayscale or black. On one and 2-color printing, the logo must be PMS 282
(blue) or black.
Page last updated: 10/18/2013